Why Should You Include More Seafood In Your Diet?
Nobody ever said no to including scrumptious seafood dishes in their diet. From Thai seafood delicacies to seafood stew, there are so many ways to get your seafood fix. When your taste buds crave some fish, indulge in guilt-free eating. Low in unhealthy saturated fat and total calories, seafood works wonders for your health. Already searching for a sea Thai food restaurant in Huntsville? We serve mouth-watering dishes!
Looking for reasons to include seafood into your regular eating patterns? We will tell you five benefits of relishing seafood. These will make passing up on seafood impossible.
1. It keeps your heart healthy- Seafood is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, nutrients that support heart health. DHA and EPA are forms of omega-3s utilized by our body. Both are found in seafood, especially in fatty fish like tuna, trout, and salmon. Our body doesn’t produce these nutrients efficiently on its own, so, it’s important to get them from food. Unless you are a big fan of taking supplements, we suggest two servings of omega-3 fatty fish every week.
2. It is good for your eyesight- EPA and DHA are also needed to ensure proper eye health. The retina of your eye has the highest concentration of DHA in your body. This allows you to see even in varying lighting conditions. So, when you enter a dark room from light, the DHA present in your retinas helps your eyes to adjust to the stark lighting difference. Increasing the intake of omega-3 rich food is a sure shot way to maintain healthy eyesight into your late years.
3. It aids in weight loss- Regular consumption of seafood as part of your diet helps you maintain your weight. When we talk about slimming foods, seafood has to be mentioned. It is unbelievably low in calorie count. A meaty six-ounce tuna steak gives you 41 grams of protein and has just about 190 calories. Compare that to a six-ounce sirloin steak. It has 342 calories with only 35 grams of protein. Dining at sea Thai food restaurant is becoming more lucrative by the minute, isn’t it?
4. It is rich in protein- Consuming sufficient protein is essential. It not only keeps you energetic but also ensures your sugar levels are stable and your metabolism running. Seafood is a good source of protein. You may call it a complete protein source as it contains all essential amino acids required to build and repair your tissues. It is even easier to digest than poultry and red meat.
5. It may boost IQ- Food and Drug Administration states that seafood consumption is important for new moms and pregnant women. Including fish in the diet helps with the growth and development of a child’s brain and may even boost IQ. If you are concerned about mercury content in seafood, stick to pollock, cod, salmon, tilapia, catfish, and light canned tuna.
Now that you have five compelling reasons to eat more seafood, come down to Phuket, your go-to Thai seafood restaurant in downtown Huntsville, AL. Also, if you are in the mood for some authentic Thai cuisine in Huntsville, we will fulfill your craving!